We know you’re probably thinking, “It can’t be a burger without beef!” Well maybe you’re right or maybe you’re wrong. We’re too lazy to look up what the qualifications are to be a burger, but we’re telling you that these turkey burgers are legit and healthy. Big hit at parties.
- Ground turkey molded into however many patties you guys are looking to eat (FYI, a patty is about one handful of ground turkey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Whole wheat buns
- Recommended Toppings:
- Hearts of Romaine lettuce (bc iceberg lettuce has no nutrients #teamromaine)
- Tomato(es) sliced
- Cheese, duh
- Condiments (Ford’s a big ketchup guy and Catherine’s all about mayo)
- Avocado, if you’re a fan
- Fried egg, if you’re feelin’ fancy
- Rub patties with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- On an oiled grill top or a skillet, cook patties on medium heat for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- If adding cheese, add cheese during the last minute and a half. Close grill top for this last minute and a half if you’re using a grill.
- While the cheese is melting, toast your buns either on the grill or in a toaster.
- Check that the patty is cooked ALL the way through (but don’t overcook them, they’ll get dry).
- Top those babies just the way you like ’em.
Was that not, like, soooo easy? We wanted to crank this out as the weather is (hopefully) gonna be warm in the near future. Just in time for grillin’ season! Invite some friends over and show them how a healthy cookout is done! Let us know what you think in the comments and feel free to let us know of any other spring/summer favorites you would like us to write up.
– Catherine and Ford
P.S. We recommend Green Giant’s Broccoli Tots as the side. Find them in the freezer section and pop them in the oven for 12ish minutes. You will love them, promise.
If you’ve got any recipe ideas, comments, or questions, feel free to leave them for us below. We are eager to hear any and ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!