Everybody loves tacos, but not everybody gives fish tacos a chance… Well, we recommend that you do. Because they are dank and you’re missing out. You’ve got no excuse to not try them because this recipe is easy, cheap, and healthy!.. as always. So, just do it! Spice up your Taco Tuesday with a lil of this Southwestern sizzle.
INGREDIENTS (yields 4-6 tacos):
- 2 thawed fish fillets (we used cod, but any fillet will do- only takes about 20 mins to thaw)
- 4-6 small tortillas (we used corn because eating gluten will literally kill you.. jk we used corn because we’re adventurous in 2017)
- Seasonings: Tony Chachere’s is highly recommended. If you don’t have it, just use salt and pepper to taste. We used some cayenne pepper as well to add a little heat to that bad boy
- Mexican-style blend cheese (as much as you want)
- 4 tbsp. salsa
- Optional: 1 tbsp. PLAIN greek yogurt on the side – it’s basically sour cream with protein 😉
- Lightly pat fish dry. Season one side of fish with Tony Chachere’s or salt and pepper. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add fish and let sit for about 5 minutes. Flip and season the other side. Cook the flipped side for about 5 minutes.
- Cut fish into 2-3 equal portions and add to tortillas. If you like your tortillas warm, just microwave them for about 10 seconds. duh.
- Top with salsa and cheese.
- If you’re a sour cream person, put a tablespoon of Greek yogurt on the side and try it as a replacement. It’s better for you and you probs won’t be able to tell the difference.
This is one of our favorite meals to make because it’s easy and takes almost no time to prepare. While tacos aren’t the healthiest food in the world… they’re not not healthy. Plus, I just blasted my pecs at the Judgement-Free Zone (Planet Fitness) for the first time in years so I deserve it.
– Catherine and Ford
Feel free to leave us any comments, concerns, OR recipe ideas. We are open to ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!