We are so sorry for not putting out as much #content as we should be. Since we both work in the music industry and spring/summer tours are pretty much in full swing, we’ve barely had time to cook food, much less write a blog about it. We promise to have many more recipes for you guys over the next few weeks and hope y’all have been enjoying this as much as we have!
The following recipe is one of our best. I know we say that a lot but somehow we keep on one-upping ourselves. Try it for yourselves. If you don’t like it, let us know in the comments!
***Tip: If you have a wok, now is the time to put that baby to use.***
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-6)
- 1/2lb- 1lb Fresh shrimp (any meat of your choice or no meat!)
- 2-3 Zucchini (medium-size)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Package of “A Taste of Thai” Rice Noodles (any cut works fine! we used vermicelli because they cook faster, but they are a bit messy)
- 3 Eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic (aka 1.5 tsps of minced garlic)
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 TSP Sesame Oil
- Optional: 4 TBSP Brown Sugar
- Optional: 1-3 TBSP Sriracha or Chili Garlic Sauce
- Optional: 2 TSP Minced Ginger
- Optional: 2 Chopped Green Onions
- Optional: Crushed Peanuts for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Put the noodles into a bowl/pyrex pan of very hot water, and soak for 15-30 mins (depending on the type of noodle that you picked! The package instructions will specify. If you already threw away the package, google it!) Set a timer!
- Prep all of your vegetables: slice onions into thin strips, cut zucchini into half moons, and cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. (Try to make them the same size, so they will cook evenly.)
- Spread all of the veggies onto a 1-2 sheet pan(s). Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper!
- Once oven is pre-heated, put the veggies into the oven for 6-8 mins. Set a timer!
- While noodles are soaking, and veggies are cooking, combine all of these into a medium sized bowl: 1 cup of soy sauce, 4 TBSPs of brown sugar, 2 TSP of minced ginger, 1-3 TSP of siracha/chili garlic sauce (depending on how spicy you prefer)! Set aside.
- Beat/ whisk your 3 eggs (don’t cook them yet).
- If your noodles are done soaking, drain them!
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan to medium heat. Add your fresh shrimp and cook for about 4-5 minutes (until they are pink, duh). Once they’re cooked, set them aside.
- Put 1 TSP of sesame oil into the medium heated pan/wok, then add the eggs and scramble! (Sesame oil is very strong so don’t add a bunch because you like the way it smells… Although it does smell amazing.)
- If veggies are ready, add them to the egg mixture. (If veggies aren’t ready, set scrambled egg aside until they are.)
- If you haven’t already, drain your noodles (assuming they are done soaking).
- Add the noodles and shrimp to the pan. Top everything with the sauce, and mix well!
- Once everything is evenly mixed in with the sauce, top with crushed peanuts and serve warm!
Sorry! We know it’s a lot of steps but the finished product is SO worth the effort. It tastes like something you could get at a fancy restaurant, but you actually made it yourself. You should be proud. Full and proud.
-Catherine and Ford
P.S. Tell us when you cook our recipes! We would love to give you a shout out and chat about what we can do better!
If you’ve got any recipe ideas, comments, or questions, feel free to leave them for us below. We are eager to hear any and ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!