This healthy take on a classic dish will probably be your new favorite comfort food. It’s got all the yum of spaghetti without any of the guilt! Just how we like it. 👌
**Heads up: this recipe uses a spiralizer for veggies. We used the Veggetti, which can be found in the “As Seen on TV” section (yes, we are serious) in Target, CVS, etc. for about $15. It’s worth it, we promise.
* If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a cheese grater or peeler instead. The spiralizer gives a much more satisfying noodle-shape though.
INGREDIENTS (makes 2 servings):
- 2 zucchini, spiralized (aka zoodles)
- 1 chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning (optional)
- Marinara sauce (pick any, they’re all good)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Prepare chicken breast like this (season both sides and rub with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Heat oil in pan over medium heat and cook one side of chicken for 10 minutes. Flip, reduce heat, and cook other side of chicken for 10 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes).
- While the chicken is resting, spiralize both of your zucchini. If you’re an over-achiever, you can wrap your zoodles in paper towel and dry them a bit. This will make the zoodles have a more noodle-like texture.
- In a small saucepan, heat some marinara sauce over medium low heat.
- In a large pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil on medium heat and add the spiralized zucchini (or “zoodles”). Season (generously) with salt and pepper and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Strain zoodles and place equal amounts in bowls.
- Cut chicken into small cubes and place atop zoodles.
- Add marinara sauce to your dish (about 3 tbsp. should be plenty). Serve!
If you love spaghetti, you’re gonna love this dish. Zucchini is dank, everyone knows that, and while it may not be pasta, it sure makes a healthy, tasty alternative.
If you don’t love spaghetti, you’re still gonna love this dish. All you have to do is substitute the marinara for olive oil or pesto. Those are yummy low calorie options that will transform the whole meal.
-Catherine and Ford
Feel free to leave us any comments, concerns, or ideas. We are open to ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!