Don’t be deterred by this cray vegetarian spin on “pizza.” We swear it’s so good you won’t even miss meat for this meal.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced hamburger style
- Shredded mozzarella or Mexican blend (as much as you want – it’s a free country)
- 1 box of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- Marinara or pizza sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Brush eggplant with light layer of olive oil.
- Place eggplant slices in oven for 15-20 minutes (don’t let it get too soft!)
- While eggplant is in the oven, sautée mushrooms with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and salt and pepper for about 5 mins. Set aside. Sautée spinach with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and salt and pepper for 1 to 2 mins or until wilted. Set aside.
- Spread a little bit of marinara or pizza sauce on each slice OR a little olive oil. Top with cheese and sautéed spinach and mushrooms.
- Place pan back in the oven until cheese has melted (about 3-5 minutes)
This is one of our more “out-there” recipes, but trust us on this one – it’s delicious. Feel free to add any other healthy toppings of your choice! We love sautéed mushrooms and spinach, AND they’re healthy AF so it’s a win/win for all of us.
-Catherine and Ford
Feel free to leave us any comments, concerns, OR recipe ideas. We are open to ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!