People have been saying this is our best work yet – our “magnum opus,” if you will. We won’t deny it. Don’t believe us? Then try it for yourself! It has everything you want out of a healthy meal – chicken, edamame, carrots, lettuce, quinoa, and to top it all off, teriyaki sauce! It may seem like there are a lot of moving parts, but this is one of the easier recipes we’ve cooked up. Take a look and tell us what you think!
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
- Bag of Frozen Edamame
- Sea Salt or Soy Sauce
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Quinoa (brown rice works too, but takes a lot longer)
- A bag of Shredded Carrots (we just peeled some carrots, but it took a while)
- A bag of Shredded Lettuce (we shredded our own, but it sucked to do, so if you can find pre-shredded lettuce, get it)
- 3 tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
- If your chicken is frozen, begin to thaw it 1-2 hours before you plan to cook.
- Cook chicken breasts according to these instructions. Dice afterward.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Reduce to simmer and add 1 cup quinoa. Let it simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, fluffing with a fork every now and then.
- If you have whole carrots, peel carrots into tiny ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- Steam edamame according to directions on the bag. Peel about 1/3 of the edamame to use in the teriyaki bowl.
- For an appetizer: Put some of the leftover steamed edamame in a bowl and sprinkle some salt on it a la #saltbae. Dip in soy sauce and enjoy!
- Take the diced chicken, place in pan on medium low heat, add 3 tbsp. teriyaki sauce. Stir chicken around for about 5 minutes.
- When plating, lay down a bed of quinoa, add chicken, edamame beans, carrots, and shredded lettuce (like the first picture). Drizzle a little extra teriyaki sauce if the flavors aren’t bold enough as is.
Not so bad, eh? It looks like something you’d get at Maki Fresh, but you won’t have to shell out $12 for one meal. This recipe can last you 4 meals!
– Catherine and Ford
Feel free to leave us any comments, concerns, OR recipe ideas. We are open to ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!