Boy oh boy are we excited about this one! Green Giant just released a new product called “Riced Veggies” and it’s rocking our world. Unfortunately this means that we lied to you the other day. We said that the Teriyaki Chicken Bowl was the greatest meal we’ve ever cooked. That was possibly untrue. While the Teriyaki Chicken Bowl is still awesome, this Cauliflower Fried Rice is seriously one of the best things we have ever made.
We originally did this the old fashioned way by running the cauliflower through a food processor. It was somewhat of an ordeal, but well worth it in the end. However, the discovery of Green Giant’s frozen Riced Cauliflower Medley makes this meal so much easier. This stuff will easily cut your prep/cleanup time in half, which gives you more time to catch up on This Is Us or re-watch Westworld for the 3rd time. Sounds great, right? Check it out.
- 1 bag of Green Giant Riced Veggies – Cauliflower Medley
- 2-3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil (optional, but recommended and will be used in other recipes)
- 1 thawed small chicken breast
- 1/2 – 1 small onion (depending on how much of an onion person you are)
- 2 garlic cloves minced (or 1 tsp of canned minced garlic– highly recommend, it’s so handy)
- 2 eggs (or egg whites)
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 hours before cooking, begin to thaw your chicken breast. (Proceed with life for 2 hours. We recommend watching a movie, doing laundry, or liking and sharing all of PGM’s posts.)
- Once thawed, cook your chicken breast according to these instructions.
- If you haven’t already, dice your chicken breast and onion.
- Spray or drizzle your wok or pan with cooking spray or olive oil. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste and scramble them. Set cooked eggs aside.
- In the same pan, add a little olive oil and your diced onion and cook on medium for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Next, add the cauliflower medley and cook for 5 mins or until warmed though.
- Finally, add the eggs, chicken, garlic, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Begin stir frying for 2-3 minutes until heated (aka stir all the stuff up until its warmed and the sauces are mixed in).
- Serve warm!
IF you can’t find the Riced Veggies (this is a new product), you can make this old school! Grab a head of cauliflower in the produce section, and a bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- Begin a couple hours before you plan to eat by rinsing the cauliflower head and breaking it apart into floret-sized pieces.
- After rinsing, lay the cauliflower pieces out on a paper towel to dry for a couple of hours.
- Once dry, run the cauliflower through a food processor or blender (we recommend you do this in 3 waves of chopping).
- Add 1/2 of frozen peas and carrots to the cauliflower rice.
- Proceed with the original recipe starting at Step 2.
This recipe was adapted from the Green Giant and Skinny Taste recipes.
Wasn’t that great?? Yes? No? Let us know in the comments.
– Catherine and Ford
Feel free to leave us any comments, concerns, OR recipe ideas. We are open to ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!