I don’t know if y’all have noticed the trend, but here at Post Grad Meals HQ (a duplex with fake wood paneling and a washer/dryer prep space in the kitchen), we love us some Asian food!! We’re sorry that it seems to be all that we cook. We will try to shake things up a bit in the future (there have been rumors of taking a little flavor trip to the Southwest), but this stuff is just too good to not share!
This recipe was inspired by Ali at Gimme Some Oven. Go ahead and check out her site. She has some great stuff!
- 2 Zucchini
- 1/2 Large Red Onion
- 3 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Bell Pepper – any color you’d like!
- 1 Cup Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade (like Frank’s Red Hot, we put this sh*t on everything) – If you can’t find this sauce, mix 1/3 cup soy sauce and 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Large Chicken Breast
- Instant Brown Rice (or no rice if you’re all about that veggie life)
Important: Slice the vegetables into the same size so that they will cook evenly!
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Peel and slice the red onion.
- Core (remove the stem and seeds) and slice the bell pepper (to same size as onion).
- Slice the zucchini (to same size as onion and bell pepper).
- Cut broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all veggies and chicken and toss with the teriyaki marinade. (You can do this with bare hands or tongs.)
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam or Olive Oil spray and spread the veggies and chicken out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place in oven at 425ºF and bake for 7 minutes. Set an alarm on your phone!
- Begin the instructions for your instant rice. (Some will boil water first and then add rice, others will add rice to water initially and then bring the water to a boil).
- When the Stir Fry has baked for 7 minutes, stir the ingredients around, and then bake for 7 more minutes (until chicken is cooked through). The rice should be finishing up now…
- While the Stir Fry is finishing baking, prepare the rice. (By prepare we mean, if it needs to be drained, now is the time. If it needs to be fluffed with a fork, go ahead!)
- Plate the Stir Fry and rice. Serve warm and enjoy!
Oven meals are great because you really get to sit back and relax while the oven cooks for you. How about you pour yourself a nice glass of boxed red and post up on the couch? You deserve it. You cooked your very own meal like a real adult!
If you make this recipe, send us a picture and let us know what you thought! It’s our favorite thing when people tell us that they actually made a Post Grad Meal. 😊
– Catherine and Ford
Feel free to leave us any comments, concerns, OR recipe ideas. We are open to ALL of your feedback. Thanks for reading!